Friday 16 February 2018

22 Wed 29/3/17:The Six Bells, Lymington

Beer: Hilden Pale Oat Ale 4.8%

Back to the Wetherspoons (a small, three level, example - suitably quirky and incongruous for the area) where I bump into a breakaway party from the work do Italian meal. Apparently it was over expensive and a set menu which some (who ended up in JDW) didn’t fancy.

A good enough bunch, I was called over – but they were all eating… I sat on an adjacent table, leaning in and trying to minimise feelings of social incompetence.

The beer selection is far better at JDW, and Hilden Pale Oat Ale was quite good. But, still, I felt I was impinging on my colleagues' evening. As if I needed to increase the weird loner sensibility, taking notes and pictures on/of pints of beer in pubs wasn’t going to increase my Lymington High Street cred’ in this company.

I started back down the High Street toward to marina and, hearing what I thought was another gaggle of colleagues up ahead, ducked into… the next pub.


No comments:

Post a Comment