Monday 28 May 2018

15 Sat 18/3/17: The Black Horse, Luton

Beer: Grafton Brewing Co Lady Mary 5.0%

Get to the BH at 13:30, and me brother is already in, reading, at the table at the right of the door. The pub fills up rapidly but, at half past, it’s sparsely populated – and far more pleasant than the Brickies. Is the beer far better too? It’s a moot point. Paul the Mod would say so – I’m for the Brickies, warts and all… but still, it gets far too packed so we come here pre-match now.

The Lady Mary is a decent and robust, pint. I manage to request a pint of Mary Jane (as per my dyslexia claim), which is embarrassing, especially as I then feel compelled to add “sorry, what the hell am I ordering…?”

In preparation for the upcoming equinox quiz we leaf thru the bumper pub quiz book on the shelf and fire questions at each other. REM, I correctly answer to “who released the album Out of Time?”
John’s next in, then… Chris possibly. Steve has my Middlesex CCC membership bumph. Paul and Asa aren’t in, so the last scorer sweep is down (and remains unwon). Wilf is annoying – picking out several players… the pesky scamp.

Half Time Treats: Page L: “Posh brioche”

No comments:

Post a Comment