Thursday 5 July 2018

305. Wed 21/2/18: The Frog & Rhubarb, Luton

Beer: Morland Old Speckled Hen 4.5%
Didn’t have any cash so, before entering the pub to ask if I could pay by card, had a sneaky look in to see what was on offer… what was on offer was GKIPA and OSH… not an inspiring choice; what’s more, I was spotted by bar staff and customers trying sneak the aforementioned peek – so just looked a bit odd.

Tried to call me Dad to suggest we give pub a miss, but he’s not answering – I meet him in Front Street. I suggest we give the pub a miss… he has an alternative suggestion – let’s not.

The beer is alright, actually, and I can pay by card – contactless, no less.


DGK is on good form and speaks on various topics, including: doorbells, John Bunyan, walking/rambling, his fondness for (but amusing allergies to) seafood - and popular mass produced cameras of the twentieth century.

My part in the conversation is minimal, but a retelling of my original anecdote no.16 “the tripe sausage in Calais story” presents a rare opportunity to say “piss” (as in “it smelt like…”) to a parent, without getting told off.



No comments:

Post a Comment