Friday 28 September 2018

439bb. Sun 24/6/18: Sandy Bell’s, Edinburgh

Beer: Inveralmond Lia Fail 4.7%

Back on the half & half.

The bar is fairly quiet and relaxed. It's known as a folk music venue and, in fact, when we arrive some diddly diddly music (as Christine likes to call the genre) is going on in the back room of the bar.

I call in home and talk to Christine about the Saturday antics and the England match. I try to tell her about the architectural highlights of the pubs and bars we visited on Saturday but she doesn't understand (?) and I find later she's taken the rise out of me on her FB page about this. I guess I didn't explain it properly.

A family group (I assume) who had been sitting at the front of the bar take up the vacated back room space and take out a selection of penny whistles while (again I assume) the dad plucks at a bass-like instrument and the rest of the entourage clap to time. All very much an unaffected bit of fun for them but still nice to watch nonetheless.

At our table, there is an extended discussion about AI, robotics and whether things like Siri and Alexa are the thin end of the wedge that will lead to Skynet taking over. It still seems the plan to have another couple somewhere else and then head back to the flat.

We move on to the Jolly Judge - surely that will be the last blog of the day?






No comments:

Post a Comment