Wednesday 3 October 2018

304. Thursday 15/2/18: The Bear Club. Mill Yard, 24A Guildford Street, Luton

Beer: Leighton Buzzard Smokin’ Angel 5.0%

Although Steph has deigned to accompany me to the latest Slow Night – it does seem quieter than normal. We put that down to it being half term, and the opening night of the Luton Beer Festival in Hightown.

CJ along too, as is a young fellow from the Vandalism Begins at Home fanzine. There’s issues of VB@H knocking about, there’s issues of Clod knocking about, conversation knocks about who does your printing, how many pages… fonts (probably)… it's Editor chat, largely beyond me.


I tentatively dip my toe into the DJ role again. That involves picking those tracks off my ipod least likely to offend, retain the ambiance, but being just a little bit different. My selections break all those rules – punk rocker that I am – immersing those few present into bored bemusement: the Alabama Sacred Harp Singers off of the Anthology of American Folk. Afterwards I attempt lifting the mood with a bit of Jacques Dutronc (doing his barnstorming “responsible man” bit) but it’s too little too late.




We leave a little bit after CJ, and a little bit before the Slow Night raffle.

No comments:

Post a Comment