Saturday 5 January 2019

291. Wed 24/1/18: The Frog & Rhubarb, Slip End, Luton

Beer: Greene King Mighty Moose IPA 5.6%

Curry Club in Slip End. I’ve made plans to possibly meet me Dad in the pub beforehand, although he’s not sure he’ll be able to make it. I don’t expect he will.

The beer is very drinkable, but at least 1% too strong. Why so strong GK? But nevertheless, good job, well done.

The Frog is quiet. Apart from me there’s one bloke sitting at the bar, wearing a bobble hat, engrossed in his phone – and another lady sat in the dining area. Like me, she’s sat alone on a table with far more seats than takers.

This is the last entry in my notebook #4 which I purchased at The Prado in Madrid. It’s a detail from Bosch’s Garden of Heavenly Delights (specifically the scary panel). My new notebook, bought in Kutna Hora in November, is decidedly less highbrow. It features a cartoon penguin.

My Dad does arrive – which means I have maybe a pint too many of this very nice, but very strong, beer.



No comments:

Post a Comment