Wednesday 23 January 2019

569. Sat 15/12/18: Byatt’s Brewery Bar, Coventry

Beer: Byatt’s XXXmas 5.5%
COVENTRY CITY 1-2 LUTON TOWN


Excellent result in Coventry – new ground for me. My 105th, according to my (anal) “app”. A fantastic day out only marred by the weather which started out as very cold but, by the time we left, the freezing rain had started. We’re a bit stuck about what to do – my research for this trip sadly lacking – the GBG app on my phone gives directions to Byatt’s Brewery, but it’s a twenty minute walk and we’re getting soaked.



Thankfully we get to the little industrial estate where the brewery is based, and manage to warm up a little in its nicely appointed bar. There’s seats and heaters (and about a dozen Town fans) upstairs.

The beer is dark and strong, like I like my men. My phone has given up the ghost in the cold, and my selvedge LVC (seconds) jeans are soaked through.

Keith is in the party of Hatters – but the others leave together – leaving Mr H with us. We talk vaguely about the match, about Town’s chances of promotion, about Power Court. We eventually manage to wangle a couple of seats in the taxi Keith’s booked to take him (to meet back up with his pals) in another pub in the city centre.





No comments:

Post a Comment