Tuesday 6 March 2018

287 Sat 20/1/18: The Black Horse, Luton

Beer: Tring Colley's Dog 5.2%

Dreary January afternoon. The pub is reasonably quiet – but there’s a good turnout from our lot.

The talk is how we all got on at/coming back from Newcastle. The long drive back after the match seems like a nightmare scenario to me – but apparently it was ok.

John has some constructive criticism about this blog: apparently it needs more about the pubs in question, and less about ME. He’s quite right, of course, but this is all subjective stuff – and shouldn’t claim to be anything but. Should it?

Anyway, I’m very cold. It’s very cold outside. I’ve decided to come out having opted for several (though not enough) layers instead of a coat. Me me me.

The pub décor is greens and blacks and purples.

What, I offer up as a point of discussion, is the zenith and nadir of Mike Meyers’ career? I’d suggest Wayne’s World and Goldmember.

Last goalscorer draw goes round.

Steve H has turned up wearing odd gloves.



No comments:

Post a Comment