Friday 2 March 2018

140 Sat 5/8/17: Bricklayers Arms, Luton

Beer: Brentwood Best 4.3%

LUTON TOWN 8 YEOVIL TOWN 2

Post-match pints. Game was alright. Upbeat walk back to Hightown anyway.

Again, as the mid/late summer sun persists, we sit in the garden. John Hegley is out and admires my notebook and fountain pen (and little fey fountain pen case). I suggest to John that he’s the kind of man who would doubtless carry a notebook (and likely without my affectation about it). He concurs – but is then unable (unwilling maybe) to come up with the evidence. No matter. Mindful that Luton’s Laureate is without a suitable writing implement I present John with a Koh-I-Noor black propelling pencil (the Koh-I-Noor green propelling pencil, I explain, is mine – he’s not having that). John’s grateful – I’m obsequious.

No comments:

Post a Comment