Saturday 31 March 2018

250 Mon 20/11/17: Prague Beer Museum, Prague

Beer: Bernard nefiltrovaný ležák 12°, Bernard tmavý ležák 12°

We’ve just been to the Namesti Miru Christmas Market (the first of the festive season in Prague). I’ve bought my niece a pencil case - with a cat on it - and spent considerably more on a belt for myself; selfish, but then I am designated wicked uncle.

Steph has a second wind – so we’re out for a bit instead of going back to the apartment. The PBM seems an odd institution. Far more pub than museum – but stocking loads of different Czech beers. We’ve not had a Bernard this trip, so I have one here. Very nice too.

The bar is too dark, and a little bit dingy, and the incessant blues soundtrack is a bit much. That all said, it’s nice and quiet – Monday night empty.
I have the dark Bernard for the second pint – my erstwhile favourite – which I now find too sweet. That said, and although I wouldn’t want too many in one sitting, it’s nice enough. Apologies, this all seems like déjà vu: I appear to be reacquainted with Bernard dark every few months – and every time my notes appear surprised that I still like it (in moderation).

No comments:

Post a Comment