Thursday 28 June 2018

122. Wed 21/6/17: The Bear Club, Luton

Beer: Leighton Buzzard Restoration 4.6%
Richard Herring gig; warm-up for his “Oh Flip I’m 50” Edinburgh show. I’m a podcast subscribing fan of Mr Herring, and me brother bought me a ticket for my birthday (although I don’t usually go for live comedy). It is stupidly hot outside, and inside, The Bear. The warm-up acts are forgettable, and the compere picks on just about everyone apart (mercifully) from me. He’s called David. He’s gay. Not seen him before but I’ve since seen him on a talking heads clip show – where he was required to be aghast at 70s TV content… ‘cause it was racist and sexist and almost certainly homophobic too.

Anyway, Richard Herring was good – the crowd were a bit rubbish though; he deserved better levels of enthusiasm than a hot and bothered Luton crowd could muster. Still, I was audience, I should have laughed louder and applauded when me brother tried to start a round (it didn’t take).

At the end of the show I procured a copy of Richard Herring’s book of emergency questions. I asked him to sign it to Timothy. I stopped at least twice on the way home to laugh at the questions therein.

No comments:

Post a Comment