Tuesday 3 April 2018

106. Tue 30/5/17: The White House, Luton

Beer: Bowman Quiver Bitter 4.5%

I’d suggested that, having seen The Same Circles (motion picture) at The Bear – it would be best to discuss out somewhere else, away from both the director, producer and star of the film. My brother also had a bit part role, but I had to confess that I didn’t really like the film DESPITE some very good cinematography. Meanwhile Simon Cleary, as always, is a huge and fantastic presence… though, just maybe, not a screen one. I like him lots, and hugely admire his chutzpah. I didn’t like his debut movie feature very much.

The White House is near empty. There are rumours that a planned renovation of this JDW, which was so impressive when it opened – but has been looking bedraggled for a decade or more, will reduce the size. Other than pre-football matches, when it is still apparently wedged, this would seem a reasonable idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment