Tuesday 17 April 2018

311 Sat 3/3/18: The Chequers, Caddington

Beer: Otter Bitter 3.6%

Trudge through the slowly thawing snow to Caddington for a (very much needed) haircut, and stop at The Chequers. I prefer the quirkier Cricketers personally, but give the pub on the other side of the green a go.

It’s quiet, the beer is fine. The conversation at the bar (among four or five regulars) is of the snobs on the new estates – them that can’t afford a place in Harpenden but turn noses up at Luton. I didn’t really get the giste

Town are away at Cambridge, it’s still 0-0 by my allotted 15:30 appointment time. My chunky 80’s (presumably handknitted/ebay procured) Town scarf is admired by a fellow fan as I’m leaving. He wants to chat about Hatters’ progress this season – and apparently takes slight umbrage at my suggestion that we’ve not been playing well for a while. Anyway, yes, hope you’re right, we’ll see, big match next week… cheers mate… bye

Hair gets cut – Collins scores – Collins gets sent off - Town concede second half equaliser. FT: CUFC 1 LTFC 1
.

No comments:

Post a Comment